The world today is saturated with several fashionable items. The idea behind these items of fashion stems from someone (or a group of people) and then, culminates to form explosive trends. An example of this trend is the bra strap bracelet, but this time around, without sewing it.
When women wear their bras for a long period of time, the straps end up getting weak. The bra strap bracelet helps to recycle the material used for the straps.
With the current rise of the trend, most women do not even wait for the straps to get weak or old. They cut them off any bra they don’t wear often and then, make a bracelet out of it.
This bracelet has the outlook of a watch with very thin hands. It can be used with watches, beads and other hand ornaments.
This outline will focus on the tips on how to make a bra strap bracelet without sewing. So, you don’t have to have a sewing machine, or needle to get the bracelet done.
What then do you think can be the alternative adhesive? Glue, of course! Follow the procedures below to get started;
How to make a bra strap bracelet without sewing
- Get a bra you know you don’t wear often. If you want to work with an old bra, you have to ensure that the strap isn’t too weak it makes a loose bracelet.
- Bra straps usually have two rings for the adjustment of the strap’s length. Extend the material through the rings fully so that it’s at its full length. Then, cut the strap off at the point that the rings connect with the bra.
- Before you proceed to glue the ends together, ensure that you measure out an allowance. That way, you can easily take off or wear your bracelet as you please. An allowance of 5 centimeters easily does the trick.
- Spread out a thin layer of glue to the ends of the strap and then, firmly press them together until they are adhered.
- Your bra strap is ready!
The steps described above will fetch you a simple bra bracelet. For something more ornate and complex, you could try working with bows. These bows should be made of colorful or patterned materials that get your bracelet looking more attractive. The steps below will help you create a bracelet with a bow.
How to make a bra strap bracelet with a bow on it
- After making your bracelet with the steps described above, mark out the areas where you want to fix the bow. The marking should be done with a pin.
- Make a bow with the material. Ensure that you are working with a thin strip of material. That way, the bow does not come out looking too big.
- Fix some glue to the bottom of the bow and another to the marked point of the strap. Now, firmly press the two until they come off as a unit.
- You are done.
The last embellishing that will be discussed here is the bra strap bracelet with decorative rings. One tip you should take note of is that the bra strap should have a length that is longer than whatever length you initially intended to work with.
For example, if you planned to work with a length of 5cm, you should add 2 more centimeters. The reason for that is because the rings threaded through the strap take up about 2cm of bra strap material.
For every ring you work with, add 2 more centimeters of material. Follow the steps below to make a bra strap with rings;
How to make bra strap bracelet with decorative rings attached
- Pass one end of the strap through a ring and then, pass it out through the other end.
- Repeat the above procedure for two more rings (you could use more if you wish).
- Use glue to adhere the ends of the strap together.
- You are done.