Can I promote my YouTube channel on Instagram?
Yes, you can promote your YouTube channel on Instagram! Instagram is one of the social media platforms that exist today. Social media is a ground through which you can interact with a wide number of people. Instagram happens to cover a ground wider than most of the other social media platforms. You get to interact with several people across the globe. So, here we are going to see how you can promote your YouTube channel on Instagram story.
Instagram is also a site that is receptive to pictures and videos of high quality. You’d agree that that feature is what makes it perfect for promotion of your YouTube channel. For a promotion strategy to be effective, there are several procedures and tips that must first be considered. Here, we will look at all of those tips!
How to promote YouTube channel on Instagram story
Everyone wants to know how they can promote their YouTube channel on their Instagram story. First, know that the Instagram story is a feed that vanishes after twenty-four hours. So, if you want to do your promotion, you’d have to consider the fact that you only have that duration of time to reach out to several people at once. How can you make that effective?
You need followers!
One of the basics of Instagram is the need to have followers. The more the followers you have, the more the people that can access your page. Your Instagram story can only be viewed by people following you. How do you get followers though? What processes or steps do you need to take?
Tips on how to get followers on Instagram
Create valuable content
Everyone wants followers on Instagram, but not everyone is willing to do what it takes to get them. Followers can be compared to bees. You’d always find them where the honey is.
You want those that view your Instagram posts to be so hooked they follow you immediately. You can start by posting catchy details about your YouTube channel. Post engaging content. Offer value that people would most likely not find anywhere.
Share bits of your YouTube video on your Instagram story posts
After you might have worked hard to get your followers, you need to help them become aware of what goes down on your YouTube channel. Cut out short video clips that would no doubt have them rushing ahead to watch the full video.
Then, post these clips on your Instagram story. Instagram posts may not be the greatest for these posts since those ones are more of a permanent nature. Besides, most people run through the stories first and the post last. In case you don’t know how to go about this, follow the steps below;
- Reduce your video into a size that’s perfect for an Instagram story. Start by tapping the app that manages your files. Click the video that you want to share.
- At the lower left side of the screen, tap Share
- Tap Save video
- Tap the app for Google Photos
- Tap the video you saved.
- Tap Edit
- Tap the crop icon.
- Tap the aspect ratio icon. You would see that at the upper right corner of the display.
- For your Instagram story, fix the video to a 9:16 dimension.
- Tap Done to save the changes.
To have the video on your Instagram story, follow the steps below;
- Launch your Instagram application.
- Tap this icon +
- At the lower left side of the page, you would see the icon for the Gallery Library.
- Choose the video you want to upload.
- You would be prompted to choose who your story appears to—your major story feed or Close friends.
After pasting your video clip, you could also want to fix the link to the channel on your Instagram story. Here are some steps that you can follow;
1. Usually, Instagram users with a follower count that’s over ten thousand have a feature that allows other Instagram users to jump right into another page on the Internet. If you are someone in this class, you can start by making a thumbnail with perfect graphical imagery.
That way, people can get attracted to what you have to promote. You also should ensure that your thumbnail comprises a call to action tag that allows your followers to instantly check your channel out.
2. After designing an attractive thumbnail, follow the steps below to paste it to your Instagram story.
- Launch your Instagram account.
- Tap + to add to your Instagram story
- Tap the chain icon
- Tap URL.
- Paste the link to your YouTube channel
- Tap Done
- You would be prompted to choose who your post appears to. For an effective promotion, choose the one that allows all your followers see.
3. You can ask people with a great number of followers to help you share your video clips on their Instagram stories. For example, if you are someone that does not have more than ten thousand followers on Instagram, you may not be able to go through most of the steps listed out above. In that case, contacting someone with that number of followers would be the best.
It could be a friend or someone close who could help you with that. Otherwise, if you have no one like that, you could also pay someone who has that number of followers. Those categories of people are known as influencers.
4. Another thing you could do to promote your YouTube channel is post videos of the things you did behind the scene. You could also post photos if that is what you have. That way, your viewers can come to an understanding of the kind of content produced on your YouTube video. Also, once you can get your viewers to be charmed by your posts, you’d instantly notice an increase in the number of views of your videos on YouTube.
5. You could also tag accounts that you know can help in pushing out your content to the world. When choosing the account for this, ensure that the content pushed on that page is similar to what you offer. Also, when tagging, ensure that you do it so frequently that the manager of the account can’t help but notice you. This strategy is one of the best strategies you can employ to promote your YouTube channel on your Instagram story.